Depression is one of the most common psychiatric diseases. It is seen in all age group, although about 50 percent of patients deny depressive feelings. These patients are taken for treatment to the psychiatrists because of social withdrawal and generally decreased activity, they respond to questions with single words and exhibit-delayed responses to questions. Almost all depressed patients (97 percent) complain about reduced energy and about 80 percent complain of trouble of sleep.
SEX: Women are more affected by these depressive disorders than men because of hormonal differences, the effect of childbirth differing psycho-social stress.
AGE: Female - 40 to 50 age group is mostly affected.
Recently it is increasing among people less than 20 years old.
WHEN TO CONSULT DOCTOR
- Depressed mood most of the day, nearly everyday.
- Diminished interests in almost all activities most of the day.
- Significant Weight loss or weight gain.
- Decreased sleep or increased sleep.
- Restlessness or retardation.
- Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day.
- Guilt feelings.
- Lack of concentration.
- Suicidal idea.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT DEPRESSION FEEL FREE TO CONTACT DOCTOR.